Version 1.8.0 requires a manual update because we have increased the permissions scope the app needs from Jira.
We have decided to add PROJECT_ADMIN (Administer projects) and ADMIN (Administer Jira) permission.
The full list of required access rights is visible in the app descriptor file (see the “scopes” section).
Administer projects permission
The Administer projects permission is required to enable/disable checklist per project, which we introduced in version 1.8.0.
The Administer Jira permission will be used in coming versions to populate Jira automatically with following data:
- Checklist progress
- Checklist content as plain text in a custom field
- Checklist completed flag
The above extends Checklist feature set widely. Example use cases include:
- Checklist progress visible in agile Board and Backlog, e.g., 12/14
- Bulk edit issues and Checklist
- Access Checklist through Jira REST API
- Checklist available in Jira data export
- Modify Checklist on issue transition
- Advanced JQL search for Checklist items
- Activity Stream integration
- and more
All of the features mentioned above are now available to customers who decide to perform complicated configuration procedure described in our docs. We will remove the need for manual configuration and enable those features automatically (behind the toggle switch).