This guide is based on Jira built-in automation functionality.
The guide works for Classic projects only. Next-gen projects are too limited and do not support automation features.
"Save checklist data to Jira custom fields" option must be enabled in Issue Checklist Global Settings.
- Go to Automation listing page (it is either Project settings > Project automation or Jira Settings > System > Automation rules) and press Create rule button:
- On the New trigger page select Issue created trigger:
- On the Issue created page click Save:
- One the New component select New condition option:
- On the New condition page select Issue fields condition option:
- On the Issue fields condition page select the desired field and the value required to add checklist:
- On the New component select New action option:
- On the New action page select Edit issue option:
- On the Edit issue page:
- select Checklist Text custom field in the dropdown:
- type or paste your checklist into Checklist Text custom field:
and press Save button
- On the Add component page, add a name to the Automation rule and press Turn it on button:
- Test your setup, i.e. create issue with the custom field value that meets the configured condition and spot your checklist applied:
Hint: page refresh might be required to see the checklist.
In case of problems or questions, please contact our friendly support team for assistance.